If you are working in a Telecom Industry, and if your Analysts and Consultants are using in house built templates then i am sure that you are 98% facing the “Trust Centre warning”.
We are using custom in house built Office Templates for Word,Excel, and PowerPoint. and the problem was whenever we open our in house templates is Office 2012 we were facing the below error.
We can click on it but it is a quite annoying.
To resolved this error, the solution is to add our custom built templates directory to the trusted location in trust center manually on every laptop and desktop.
Did i mentioned MANUALLY???
Naaaaaa !!!!!!! I thought that we can script this.
And to resolve this is wrote a simple script. you can download the script from this link :
This script is very simple.,
You only need to provide the path of your templates or the location which you want to add as trusted to $trustlocation variable.
- First script test the path of the “Location99” registry key
- and if the Test path fails that will create a New Registry Folder “Location99” and the the following registry keys
- AllowSubfolders this is DWORD registry key and the value is 1 to allow subfolders as a trusted location too.
- Date = Date of creation
- Description = Description for location etc.
- Path = Path to the folder
- and if folder found it just write a confirmation message in the console that folder do exists.
- The script will do the same process for WORD,EXCEL and Powerpoint.